September 15, 1910:
• A new cement sidewalk has been laid on the north side of the Cong’l church property, connecting with the new walk in front of cottage row and completing the work for the full block. R. S. Warner is doing the work.
• Another big plate for the Hugo store front, to take the place of the one broken, arrived Wednesday and was put in place. This was a costly break as the glass costs, laid down in Iroquois, $96.
September 18, 1930:
• The city kitten ball team handed the high school the short end of an 8 to 3 score in a fast game played Monday evening at the school grounds. A series of games are planned between the two teams which will provide lots of excitement for the kitten ball fans as well as the players.
• There is a possibility that Spirit Lake may be made a real fishing lake. The Game and Fish Commission have agreed to survey the locality with a view of raising the level of the lake by diverting flood waters into the lake bed. If this can be accomplished Kingsbury County will have a popular fishing resort.
September 14, 1950:
• The Iroquois Public Schools opened with registration on Monday, September 4, and enrollment reached a new high for recent years with a total of 121. Lower grade enrollment reached a new high for recent years with a total of 84.
Provision for this number was made by adding another grade room and teacher this term, but enrollment by rooms still runs high with 17 in grades one and two, 27 in third and fourth, 20 in fifth and sixth and 20 in grades seven and eight.
Considerable work has been done in the way of plant remodeling and redecorating. The addition of the grade room on the main floor makes it necessary to change partitions in the basement to provide facilities for the commercial department and band.
These changes have been made, and the result is satisfactory though not completely adequate in that the rooms are a little small for the purposes they must serve and the lunch room had to be eliminated. Rural students have their lunch in one of the upstairs classrooms.