Did you know there is a difference between copy editors and proofreaders? Whether you did or not, we want you! Join our volunteers and become a part of the newspaper’s history.
• correct grammatical and spelling errors
• check punctuation
• look for technical consistency
• look for continuity
• check facts
• perform rewrites as needed
• cut stories to fit available space
• write headlines and captions
• look for missing information and make sure stories are complete
• correct typographical errors
• correct minor text issues
• correct formatting errors
• check transitions
• check page breaks
We need volunteers to help with writing, copy editing, photography, selling advertisements, designing advertisements, pagination and layout, and pick-up and delivery of the paper. We are especially looking for volunteers to help cover Lake Preston and smaller surrounding communities such as Oldham, Iroquois, Esmond, Bancroft, Badger, Hartland, and Hetland.
We want your voice to be heard too, but we need your help! Training is available. If interested or to learn more email firstname.lastname@example.org.