The Kingsbury County Genealogy Society has settled into their new office in the Lake Preston Finance Office. It is great to have our spot to sit down with anyone interested in our resources.
Research material available:
• Over 7,000 obituaries. Contact us for information on burials prior to the 1905 records at the courthouse.
• Most of the town’s centennial books in the county.
• Farm directories from several years and the surrounding counties.
• A few senior yearbooks.
• Town history
• Information on any church or cemetery in the county.
• Collections of old maps, military information, newspaper clippings of weddings, anniversaries, historical birthdays and family reunions.
• An organized “How to Get Started with Your Genealogy” for adults and students.
• On-going answers to genealogy queries.
Think about sharing grandma’s old scrapbooks with us; they are a wonderful resource of local history.
Check out our website: www.itctel.com/kcgs
Contact us at Box 328, De Smet SD 57231 or call 605-860-8761/605-854-3044 or email@example.com, and we will find someone to work on your query or put you in contact with someone in the town you are researching.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here