1910: Osceola petitions for a depot in town

Posted

August 25, 1910: The state board of railroad commissioners met at Osceola yesterday for the purpose of listening to the evidence of the people of that vicinity in justification of their petition for a depot and agent at that place. The Great Northern paid no heed to their requests, and they have appealed to the railroad commissioners. Osceola is entitled to decent service and here is hoping she will get it.

August 28, 1930: The gasoline war is now on in earnest in Huron, every station in the city, including the big companies, having made a cut to 17 ½ cents, with one station selling at 16 ½.
Miss Doris Rounds will leave Saturday for Menno, where she has a position on the teaching staff of the schools of that city.

August 24, 1950: Mr. and Mrs. Frank Fenner moved to Yale, Sunday, where Mr. Fenner has charge of the elevator there. Iroquois is sorry to lose these fine young people, but hope they will like their new home. Mr. Fenner has been driving back and forth to his work at Yale.
• A daughter was born to Mr. and Mrs. Wesley Rounds Aug. 18 at the Dr. W. E. Heilesen home.
• The Manchester schools open Sept. 4. The town school will have teachers Mrs. Jewel Hoey for upper grades and Miss Donna Gilbertson of Erwin, for lower grades. Mrs. Alferd Wallum for the Ferguson School, Mrs. Ben Olson for the Peterson school, and Mrs. Richard Geyer for the Harvey school.

Comments

No comments on this story | Please log in to comment by clicking here
Please log in or register to add your comment