August 18, 1910:
• A handsome new plate glass front, with extensive show windows, is being put into the front of the building owned by Richards and Schultz and occupied by Hugo’s clothing store. The new front is the finest in town and makes a decided improvement in the appearance of the building.
• The hunting season opens on Sept. 10, but prairie chickens are protected by law for another year and cannot lawfully be shot until the open season of 1911.
August 21, 1930:
• John Flowers is carrying the mail on rural route No. 1 during the absence in the east of the regular carrier, P. B. Bishop.
• The B. D. Stephens carpenter crew are this week finishing a new barn on the Currier farm near Osceola, replacing one that burned down a few weeks ago.
• The Kingsbury County highway grading crew are nearing the finish of their job south of Iroquois on the county line. Ten of the twelve miles have been completed and four miles of a new grade put in between Esmond and the county line.
August 17, 1950:
• New Train Schedule, Departing Times for Iroquois. East Bound: No. 518 leaves from Huron at 5:10 a.m., and will stop at De Smet at 5:45. South Bound: No. 2, 9:08 p.m. West Bound: No. 515, 9:16 p.m. No. 518 will NOT STOP at Iroquois. James Arends, Agent.