August 4, 1910:
• The F. & M. Bank added another large safe to its office equipment this week.
• A medicine show, putting on vaudeville and moving pictures, is occupying the opera house this week.
• Those who desire eye, ear, nose or throat consultation should see Dr. H. H. Frudenfeld at the LaCrescent Hotel in Iroquois on August 11, one day only.
• The board of education has leased the town hall owned by Iroquois township and it is being fitted up to take care of the overflow from the city schools. This move makes it necessary for the city to remove its steel cages [jail cells] and fire bell from the building and as the city has no building of its own there is a question as to where these things can be put. The building that will be occupied for school purposes was the first school house built in Iroquois and it is again being put to the use for which it was originally erected.
August 7, 1930:
• Surveyors have been busy recently in rerouting highway 14 from Lake Preston east through Kingsbury county. The new route will run straight east out of Lake Preston past the swimming pool and thus cut out two bad corner turns.
• A water tank is being installed across the street from the C. W. Stoner & Son office by the city to provide water facilities for the farmers who haul their grain to this city by team.
August 3, 1950:
• Lightning struck the barn on the Harry Knouse farm during a recent storm, but did not set the building on fire, which is remarkable, and lucky for Harry. Just one of those freaks of nature.
• The Klein Amusement Company arrived at Iroquois, for an engagement of two days of celebration, which was sponsored by the American Legion Post. The bugle corps of Huron, was on hand and did some work in their specialty.